Chapa Train Express is the overnight journey between Ha Noi and Lao Cai in style and comfort in one of our 14 compact yet fully-equipped cabins featuring air-conditioning, reading lights, comfortable beds and Sapa-inspired décor. Choose from shared Deluxe 4-berth cabins or VIP cabins, Suite 2-berth cabins.
High-speed internet, restrooms, toiletries and hot/cold water are available on board for your convenience. Feel right at home with our complimentary welcome drinks, snacks (biscuits or fresh fruits) and hot/cold towels. Our well-trained, professional and multilingual Chapa Express Train staff are also on hand to assist you throughout the journey.
Travel through the night with the gentle swaying of the train to rock you to sleep, allowing you to arrive in Lao Cai refreshed and ready to take on the day! Explore the mountain markets around Lao Cai or continue by road one hour to Sapa. All Chapa Express Train guests also have access to the Chapa Lounge in Lao Cai Railway Station with shower facilities, food and beverages and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The Chapa Express Train provides daily overnight service between Ha Noi (Ha Noi Station at 120 Le Duan Street) and the Lao Cai Station, the gateway to Sapa, according to the following schedule:
- Our price shown in USD per person for one way ticket
- VIP and Suite cabin / 2 berths must be bought in whole. Single person who travel on VIP cabin must buy both tickets.
- Free of charge for children under 5-year-old sharing parent‘s existing berths
- Ticket price does not include meals on the train but include snack and drinks
- Restroom is not in cabin and only opened when the train runs
- VIP cabin 2 berths ( it is set up from cabin 4 berth - folding 2 upper berths )
- Suite cabin 2 berths ( there is only 2 berths in one cabin )
Surcharge Extra 5%
HOLIDAYS OF 2023
* National Day: August 31, 2023, September 1 of 2023
* New Year December 28, 29 and 30 of 2023
HOLIDAYS OF 2024
* Lunar New Year - February 9, 10, 11 and 12 of 2024
* April 30 & May 1 of 2024
- April 25, 26 and 27 of 2024
* National Day on August 29 and 30 of 2024